Tuesday, February 05, 2008

An informal referral

Because I'm super impatient, I decided to do some online research regarding my surgical options, emailing some local orthopedic surgeons who perform hip surgeries.

I finally got a reply from one of them today and they referred me out to a surgeon in San Francisco, Dr. Thomas G. Sampson. I'm getting the feeling that little ole Sacramento doesn't have the wealth of experienced ortho surgeons to perform this procedure... disadvantages of living in a po-dunk city I guess.

Of course, I could be wrong (in which case I apologize in advance to Sac). Hopefully my surgeon will call me tomorrow with some more hopeful news. I can only imagine the health-care maze I'll have to go through to get a covered referral to a doctor in SF - if it's even possible!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails