Thursday, February 07, 2008

Hipppeeeee!

I take it all back, Sacramento. I was being hystrionic.

I finally got to speak with my surgeon this afternoon and the news is good-good-good! The beacon of light I hoped was coming indeed illuminated my world.

My surgeon has located another orthopedic surgeon locally who does the procedure I need (the full, 100% solution) arthroscopically about 5-6 times a month. That surgeon has agree to do the surgery with my surgeon (as co-surgeons, who knew?) which means that I would still be my current surgeon's patient (good new insurance-wise) but get the expertise of someone experienced in this procedure actually doing it. In addition, my surgeon would get to assist and, in the process, learn the procedure.

Talk about a win-win!

To top it all off, I've discovered that the 2nd surgeon is the same doctor that diagnosed my labral tear initially, almost 2 years ago! Talk about full-circle. Unwittingly, I seem to have made things harder for myself by changing my PCP mid-way through this process. Not that I regret moving to my new PCP one iota... the timing was just off.

I should get a call early next week to schedule the surgery and it will take place locally, about 8 miles away from where I live. I'm guessing it might take a little bit longer to get on the schedule, however, since we're now trying to coordinate two surgeon's busy schedules... BUT WHO CARES!?

I was so relieved when I heard the news that I actually burst into tears. So unlike me, huh? I guess I hadn't realized how much this had been on my mind (although looking back over my blog posts about this, I'm guessing this comes as no surprise to you!)

5 comments:

joy4love said...

Good to hear this progress! Talk about Hip Hip Horay huh?!

Mala said...

That's surely a relief. I'm glad everything worked out.

e said...

Sweee-eeet!

e said...

And another thing: it speaks volumes about your surgeon that not only is he willing to help you out w/ the insurance that way, but that he's interested in learning to do this procedure in a less invasive way. That is awesome. Good man.

e said...

Ok, one last thing, I swear. I totally get the tears of relief. As you know, this injury has taken over my life for the past year. You've been dealing with it for 3. Granted, maybe you didn't have as much pain as I did, but it still takes over somewhat, doesn't it? It's just always always there. You will not regret doing the procedure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails