Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm having a heart attack

Well, not really, but that's what this morning's EKG said.

I started to get worried when the usually chatty nurse administering the test looked at the printed results with a tight-lipped frown. She folded the piece of paper in half (presumably in case I was actually able to understand anything by the little wavy lines) and left the room for the doctor.

When my doctor came in, she announced with glee: "Hello! How are you? I mean, aside from the heart attack you're having right now?"

It turns out that the stupid EKG machine often reads a deep breath as a heart attack.

Am I the only one who is just a bit concerned by this?

Anyway, I thought today was the day for my chest x-ray and grab-a-gallon blood test (The Gerli Life said she has 4 vials taken for her pre-op) but it turns out I'll have to do that on Monday. My doctor figures that, if she's going to "stick me" (as she so delicately puts it) then she's going to make it worth my while and get the full gamut of tests for a regular physical, as well as whatever the surgeon needs to clear me for the operation. I love her. She's sharp, witty, funny, hip, and her bedside manner is so me. She's actually the kind of person I could picture myself hanging out with socially.

In other news, I dropped my bluetooth headset in my coffee cup this morning. I bent over to pick up my coffee and it dropped right off my ear and went plop. I fished it out pretty rapidly, dried it off and shook it around a bunch - so far it seems to have survived it's java adventure.

1 comment:

e said...

Glad to hear you're doing so well so soon after your "heat attack." And yes, that's a bit odd.

Blue tooth in coffee cup. Tee hee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails