Friday, December 17, 2010

Eye of pink

I have pink eye (aka: conjunctivitis, to those of us who live in the non-parenting world.)

This is what pink eye looks like.

Pink eye2

I caught it early, so, as pink-eye goes, it's not that bad. For some perspective, click here. Ack, right?

How does it feel?

Like someone is constantly poking me in the eye with a small piece of straw.

Nice.

There's also the pleasure of waking in the middle of the night to feel your eyelids glued together with yellow goop.

I also have a sinus infection and an ear infection. Fortunately for you, I don't have one of those little cameras that trails up my nasal passages to provide a pic of my sore and inflamed areas. Recognize, however, that if I did, I would post it. I have no boundaries. (OK, no pride too.)

On the plus side, before I began to feel like death-warmed-up, I managed to achieve this in the, currently-designated-as, "present wrapping room"...

An improvement

Don't freak out. You're right. That IS the floor you can see.

I didn't get much wrapped but now it is better organized. And yes, for those of you with anal OCD, this DOES constitute organized for me these days.

Otherwise, not achieving much over here right now. My head feels like someone poured hot syrup into it and my body screams "lay down!" at me whenever I attempt to do anything other than sit and mindlessly stare at my computer.

Why can't the holidays happen in summer when we don't live in a vat of viruses and bugs?

2 comments:

e said...

Aw, pumpkin, that sucks! I'm so sorry that you're dealing with all the goop and the germs. But think of this way: by next weekend, you will be all better and in perfect condition to enjoy Xmas, and you'll feel 100 times more energized than you would otherwise feel for having gotten better. You hang in there and stare mindlessly at your computer, if that's what it takes. A big virtual hug (not a real one, though, cos you're radioactive, girlfriend!!).

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Oh, what a bummer! We get pink eye all the time around here. Isn't it gross?

Related Posts with Thumbnails