Monday, October 25, 2010

Google Stats bring out the inner geek in me

I may be creative at heart but I also harbor an inner geek. Which makes me just LOVE looking at surveys and reports. (Not the type with too many numbers, of course. Numbers = STRESS INDUCING = BAD.)

So, aaaaanyway... loving the Blogger Stats feature for my blog, especially since nobody (*hint-hint*) ever comments on my posts any more. (Elena, this does not apply to you. Thanks buddy! Everyone else - SHAME ON YOU!)

Since I am a "featured blogger" on The Skinny Scoop this week, I was interested to see how my stats have changed so far. The short answer is that they haven't (yet?) but then it is only Monday so maybe my expectations are slightly high?



What I did find was this awesome run-down of Google Search terms used that generated hits to my page:



Search Keywords
ms ranty pants
tucker for target
wedding giveaway
buttocks relegated from shallow pants
eilat teens
haggin oaks park
haggin oaks train sacramento
list of things i love
memories by michelle carter mcdaid
miss ranty pants blog
their own bad play, we play together, not pants

Of course, there are the usual suspects but I had to laugh at "tucker for target," "buttocks relegated from shallow pants," and "their own bad play..." All of which get a big HUH!? from yours truly. Totally random. Do I really talk about target and asses that much? Or at all?

-----
In other news, if you've been following my posts about "The Hulk", I should report briefly that:
  1. The replacement graphics card did not fix the issue. Fortunately, it was not the 46,000 step process I feared. 3 screws and a pop-out, pop-in. Still broke.
  2. HP Support still sucks.
  3. Amazon.com rocks - they're sending out "The Hulk v.2." overnight, so I should have it tomorrow and ALL BEFORE they send for a pick-up of "The Hulk v.1" Of course, they do have my credit card number so if I'm telling big fibs and trying to land a second PC for free, they will just charge me again. But it's the service that counts. Overnight! Yay! Maybe my PC luck is changing? (PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!)

8 comments:

Gen McNulty said...

I'm commenting! I'm commenting! Sorry, I'm the WORST!! I always read, but get distracted and don't comment. I'll work on it. PROMISE!

xoxo
Gen

Meghan said...

Yay stats! I seldom get comments either, but the stats say I'm getting some traffic, so I feel your pain!
http://meghalicious.blogspot.com/

Meghan said...

Oh, and on the topic of "the hulk" I hope v2.0 works. If not, let me know...I had the hubby read your posts tonight....he's frustrated too by this b/c he didn't think it was the graphics card...poor tech support. He suggests that you test the PC by connecting it to your HDTV with an HDMI cable (assuming the PC has an HDMI output, otherwise you'd need a DVI-HDMI converter). Keep us posted!

Urban Koda said...

Nothing worse than guilt to get you to comment... But I guess it worked - at least in my case!

I'm kind of a stat junky too, and while I think I may actually like copious quantities of numbers, nothing beats a nice visual graphic!

I spent all weekend working on my computer problems. 60 hours later, I finally asked for help, and I think my PC is finally back alive again. Good luck with your tech issues!

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Yep, I have some strange search keywords, too...

MACMD said...

Thanks for de-lurking Gen and Koda.

e said...

Yeah, I have to admit that since I got my Mac I have had zero problems. I use a PC for work, but they buy it and maintain it, which is a huge relief. I had a terrible terrible terrible time with Dell customer service, which is 100 times worse than anything you experienced, believe it or not. It went on for months, and I logged at least 50 calls (I didn't log them all). I will never buy another Dell, even if it means going off the grid.

MACMD said...

@E - which is just weird because I've had ONLY Dells up until now and have had FANTASTIC customer service with them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails