Friday, June 18, 2010

Photo A Day: Thursday June 17 2010

As you know, I am a bit of an amateur photographer, with the emphasis on the amateur. And so, for some time, I've been trying to think of something I can do to give me some practice using camera settings - and on subjects other than Daisy. Not that Daisy isn't the most fun subject for me but, you know, variety is the spice of life. Coinkidentally, I've also been trying to find ways to make this blog more interesting, with more frequent posts about things other than my stupid back and hip pain.

Hence and therefore and so, I have decided to take a photo a day that attempts to sum up something about that day. My goal, however, is not to create photographic art; heck, I don't have time for that right now - sometimes my day is less than artful. Occasionally, of course, that may very well be my goal but I don't want the pressure of having to turn each photo into a masterpiece or, quite frankly, I'll be so intimidated I'll never do it.

Today's photo, from yesterday (which is how this may occasionally run, depending on the day), is of my dreaded office chair (the one that has been so problematic with my back) with it's new double-pillow set-up. I spend a lot of time each day on this chair, so it makes sense it is the first star in my new project.

Thursday June 17 2010_ed2

Of course, I did play around with it a bit in Photoshop to make it a bit more interesting - it is, of course, a photo of a chair (yawn). Had no real agenda. Just left it in a place I personally sorta liked it more.

So, there you have it in all it's raw experimentation. The first of the daily photos...

1 comment:

e said...

As you know, I'm a big fan of these types of fun projects. I've been thinking about a new photo a day project for my 42nd year - you know, the one where I am the answer to life, the universe and everything. It's a pretty broad theme so I think it should not be too difficult to do. We'll see. I look forward to your daily experiments. How fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails