Sunday, June 20, 2010

Photo A Day: Saturday June 19 and Sunday June 20

Well, it looks like I'm not going to have a perfect record on this new project. They say new habits take 30 days or something, so these posts might be spotty for a month or so.

This weekend was freakin' busy, so there's plenty of pictures to share but, of course, I can only pick one for each day, that best summed up the day for me OR expresses something significant about that day.

Saturday, Hubby and I hosted a mega back yard play date with our friends who had kids about the same time as we had Daisy. Hence, our back yard turned into a creche, with 7 toddlers bouncing around from one activity to the next. Sand box, water table, paddling pool, swing, slide, food... This pic said it all for me, though: Mackenzie and Aaron, squealing with delight at the pool, water flying everywhere. I do so love our play dates and this one was especially fun because (aptly for Father's Day weekend) Dads were there also - it's so rare that we get the guys together too!

Fathers Day Weekend 2010 061

Sunday was Father's Day itself and we zoomed up the hill early to see Grammie, so we could zoom back down again to have a late lunch/early dinner with Grandad and Nan (aka: my parents. Funny how life is expressed in Daisy terms these days.)

Although I have a TON of cute pics of Daisy from our day (when don't I take a ton of cute pics of her on weekends!?), I wanted to post this one as my picture of the day because it's of my Daddy. This is just the second Father's Day I've been able to spend with him in person in more than fifteen years and I feel so thankful for it. In this pic he is watching Daisy mess around in our back yard. It brings immeasurable joy to my life to share Daisy with him. I had a wonderfully close relationship with my maternal grandfather and I'm so glad that Daisy will have the same opportunity with my Dad.

Fathers Day Weekend 2010 301

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband and Dad!

1 comment:

e said...

Love the pic of the kids in the kiddie pool

Related Posts with Thumbnails