Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My blog... reinvented for 2008


HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Well, I've been on a break for a while but have decided to start blogging again in 2008. However, I'm going to be changing the focus of this site. This year I'm going to focus more on sharing personal events and stories than "ranting" about whatever takes my fancy. Not to say that there won't be "rants" (I'm a Brit after all and we're famously good complainers!) but less politics and more personal (and yes, I'm aware the personal is political, sociology majors!) Hopefully, without all the moaning and groaning about the state of the world on my side, this will just be a nice way to stay in touch with friends and family who I don't see as often as I would like.


So, I'm not promising daily updates. In fact, I'm not "promising" anything really. So, pressure off for me and you. No stressing about not having posted for weeks for me and no worrying about not having visited my blog recently for you. Sound good? Perhaps the best way would be to sign-up for the email updates and you'll get an alert whenever I post something. Plus, it's good to know who's reading, you know? Nobody likes posting without an audience!


To launch the "new" Random Rants, I've implented a new, fresh look. Waddayathink?


--------------------


It's been a busy couple of months since my last update. There have been the usual end-of-year events - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year - and as usual I milked them for all they were worth. I just LOVE the last quarter of the year.


So, coming soon will be my 2007 recap, including links to my photos from Christmas and New Year vacation to Puerto Vallarta as well as some little anecdotes from each.


Until then, thanks for checking back in with "Random Rants" and hope you enjoy what's to come in 2008!


5 comments:

Mala said...

Yay! Welcome back. I look forward to your posts since I don't get to see you that often anymore.

e said...

I am so glad you're blogging again!! I'm putting your blog back on my link list. I'm happy to read your updates as often or as not often as you like. Am I subscribed? I should be. If not, I will for sure.

Welcome back.

caw said...

Hurrah!!! Great to see your return to the Blogosphere :) I look forward to reading your rants again xxxx

joy4love said...

I'm debating whether to still come and read....honestly you travel so much that every time I read it I just reek with envy! I know you'll say that's my fault, but being who I am, I'm gonig to blame the fact that you made me so jealous, on you.

Anyway, of course I'll check back every so often. After all, I do work for the State....

Gail Peck said...

Hi. Elena insisted I check out your blog and so I have. Will look forward to more from travelvixen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails