Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bryan Kest kicked my butt

I don't know if it's because I haven't worked out for two weeks or because I've been doing Kundalini yoga (a more soothing practice that focuses on breath) but this yoga workout video I did yesterday kicked my butt!

I had heard about the Bryan Kest Power Yoga videos and added it to my Christmas wishlist, so yesterday was the first time I was able to try it out. Let me tell you, this guy may look like something off a romance-novel cover, but his yoga workouts are no joke. I'm sore in places I'd forgotten even existed and I only did the Beginner workout. I should have realized I'd pay the next day after I was forced to lunge sideways, form a triangle with the floor, then bring one hand under and through my knee and another around my waist to meet it. I was actually quite impressed one hand even found the other.

It's going to be a couple of months before my body is ready to contort into the intermediate workout poses, let alone the advanced!

2 comments:

e said...

Sounds awesome! Looking forward to yoga again.

Mala said...

ha..ha...i'm trying to visualize you in those poses.
You need to share that DVD with me. We have been experimenting with some of our dance moves and going out of our boundaries a bit - and I hurt like hell too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails