Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Whodathunkit?

Sacramento is actually a "destination". Yep, surprised the heck out of me also.

National Geographic Traveler featured our fine capital city this month in their column "48 hours in *insert city name here* "

Click here to read the article, if of course you care. (The print version was a bit more enlightening.)

While I'm feeling pretty "cool" for living in an up-and-coming NGT-worthy "destination" I'm also in the middle of trying to figure out where to go on vacation with my folks in December for our annual New Year blow-out and am incredibly IRKED at the number of flights I need to take to get ANYWHERE worth going in the world from here.

In my eyes, Sacramento won't "arrive" until it has a real International airport (not just one that goes to Canada) and starts offering flights to London and Paris. Sigh... might be a long wait, huh?

1 comment:

caw said...

sac is a destination?

denial is not just a river in egypt afterall.

hmmmm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails