Friday, June 22, 2007

What are they thinking?

Heard on NPR this morning while working out: control your tv, your computer, or even your car with just your thoughts!

Sounds amazing and clearly the possibilities for disabled patients are exciting but it got me thinking (pah!)...

Have these people been inside my brain?

I can barely keep my mind on something for longer than a nano-second; can you imagine this brain controling a car? How on earth do you stay so focused on where you want the car to go that your forego all other thoughts that may interrupt your driving?
  • Oooooh, sushi, I haven't had a King roll in a while.... (smashes through sushi-restaurant storefront and comes to stop at sushi-bar. "Edamame while you wait maam?")
  • That's a nice color Lexus, some day I'm gonna buy myself a... (careens into said Lexus, gets insurance bill large enough to buy a new Lexus for self)
  • Krispy Kreme has hot donuts!? If I wasn't late for work I'd... (involuntarily pulls into the KK drive-thru and is thus forced to order 12 orginal glazed)

... you get the picture.

1 comment:

e said...

Oh I don't know. I often drive home on autopilot, my mind anywhere but the drive, and get there probably more safely than when I concentrate. If we could tap into that, that would be good. It's only a matter of time...resistance is futile.

Related Posts with Thumbnails