Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wear wristwatch? Use e-mail? Not for Class of '14 - Yahoo! News

Wear wristwatch? Use e-mail? Not for Class of '14 - Yahoo! News

A little perspective, this Thursday afternoon.

Not sure I agree about cultural influences fading over time (ref: Beavis & Butthead). Maybe in memory but not in the subtle ways they all collectively shape who we are. I think about my teenage years and the things I watched, listened-to, said etc.. as very formative. Your thoughts?

What, if any, influences did you bring with you from childhood/adolescenthood, through to adulthood?

(And, for the record, since being glued to my cell phone, I no longer wear a wristwatch. However, I still love email like my life depends on it.)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I remember actually having to spend an entire Saturday at the library to gather information for a paper in high school. Often times the World Book Encyclopedia we had at home just wasn't enough. Now a days, kids probably never step foot in a library unless the teacher specifies "only 2 sources from the internet". As for the encyclopedia books, I think they are a thing of the past.

Related Posts with Thumbnails