There is indeed a Fidelity Investments International in Hildenborough, Kent but just typing in "Fidelity Investments International" into Google immediately brings up the search suggestion "Fidelity Investments International scam."
There are so many things wrong with this email that I barely know where to start:
- It's by email. Who realistically believes that financial windfalls or money-making opportunities appear in your personal email inbox?
- I have no dealings with FII.
- It's not even personally addressed to me.
- Anything that says that someone "...secretly extracted..." something should be an instant red flag.
- It's full of financial jargon that even I don't understand (ok, I'm no financial guru but still) - for instance, what average gal or guy knows what "Excess Maximum Return Capital Profit" actually IS? (If it's even something that exists at all.)
- Incredibly obvious Red Flag #2: "Do not contact my office number or email, all correspondence must be on this private box." Read as: "Don't try to call the real FII by email or phone because they'll have no idea who I am or what you're talking about."
- Tagging onto #5, incredibly obvious Red Flag #3: It's from an untraceable, free gmail 'personal' email address. What reputable person would do business this way?
- It's completely non-sensical. Even I don't understand exactly what Mr. William Moore wants me to do (aside from give him confirmation that mine is a real email address and provide him with my personal phone# -- NOT) OR what I'm supposed to get out of it exactly.
Fidelity Investments International
Oakhill house,130 Tonbridge,
I am Mr.William Moore,
The Fund Manager of Fidelity Investment
International.The World Largest
Fund Management Company with over £1.2Trillion Capital
Neverthless, as The Fidelity Fund Manager, I handle
all our Investor's Direct Capital Funds and secretly
extracted 1.2% Excess Maximum Return Capital Profit
(EMRCP) per annum on each of the Investor's Marginal
Capital Fund.As an expert,I have made over £5, 745,
000 from the Investor's EMRCP and hereby looking
for someone who will stand
as an Investor to receive the fund as Annual
Investment Proceeds from
Fidelity Marginal Capital Fund.
All confirmable documents to back up the
claims will be made available to you prior to your
acceptance.Meanwhile,I have worked out the modalities
and technincalities whereby the funds can be claimed
in any of our 6 Clearing Houses without any
hitches.Our sharing ratio will be 50-50. If you are
interested, you should send your direct phone number so
we could discuss more on phone as regard to the
transaction, N:B; Do not contact my office number or
email, all correspondence must be on this private box. Sincerely.
Endeavor to reply through my personal E- mail. firstname.lastname@example.org