Monday, October 01, 2007

No rednecks so far...

If you know anything about me, you know that I have not had good experiences with Texas. Houston, Galveston, San Antonio... hated them all. Flat, ridiculously humid, miserable fat people, rednecks, pick-up trucks, yellow grass, and stupid yellow traffic lights... the lot drove me nuts.

But I'm giving an initial passing grade to Dallas. Clean, new, well-organized, friendly people, even some green grass. The yellow traffic lights, flatlands, and humidity are still there but otherwise a more positive first impression for this part of the state. With such low house prices, I can understand why Californians are moving here.

Sitting in my hotel room right now, watching Dancing with the Stars, and waiting for my room service. It's weird, everything comes on an hour early here... that "9, 8 central.." thing they always say on the TV is true and its bloody confusing. I'm two hours ahead but the programs come on one hour early for the time period.

Oh too funny... the room service just arrived. My coffee cup and saucer is the style I just sold at my garage sale... what's weirder is that my Mum bought me that set from England. What's an English tea set doing in a hotel in Texas?

Anyway... off to eat and figure out more TV times.

2 comments:

e said...

Yes, I didn't love San Antonio, I found it ... flat. But lots of friends whose judgment I trust swear by Austin!

e said...

But disappointed that no rednecks, you know how enterained I am by them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails