Friday, October 19, 2007

Life is just too hectic

What happened to the days of being bored? I remember being young, single, and bored stiff. Now, quite honestly, a little bit of bored sounds fantastic. I don't even remember the last time that my checklist wasn't longer than my ability to check everything off.

It seems that every year you live, your life gets fuller - and yes I mean this in the non-complaining as well as the whinging-and-whining sense. At the same time I can understand those people who choose to "opt-out" in some way. You know, those people who can fit all their posessions in the back of a pick-up truck, those carefree individuals who frown on mortgages and high-powered jobs, credit-card bills, fashion, and keeping up with the Joneses. These people seem to realize that, with every 'thing' (and I don't just mean commodities) you acquire comes a whole new set of responsibilities. I envy those people some days but could never be one.

There comes a point, though, where you wonder if there will ever be a time when you can stop and just enjoy what you've acquired. I guess you have to make that time for yourself but then sometimes doing that in and of itself is work, you know?

Aaaanyway... all this leads me to my point (I think I have one). I just don't have time for this blog (evident by my less and less frequent posts). It's another one of those things that I want to do, enjoy doing sometimes, but because I have 500 more important things to do, never gets priority. And then I get frustrated because I haven't updated it in a while. And when I do spend time updating it, I feel bad for ignoring other things. PC/internet to me is a magnet that pulls me in and I find hours go by without me having achieved anything on that proverbial list. So again, I am frustrated. Who needs that on top of everything else?

So, I'm signing off for a while. I'll still use this blog to keep you up-to-date on things that happen in my life, you know, places I've been, people I've seen, changes etc.. But in terms of this being a sounding board for my thoughts, rants, and raves... I'm going on hiatus. I waste enough time sitting in front of the PC every day and quite honestly, I'm ready to look beyond the screen and around me again for a while.

So ttfn!

4 comments:

e said...

Too bad, I'll miss you ranting and reflecting. I'll just have to come see you more often.

Mala said...

I'll miss you :(

Chester The Bear said...

Oh. I so relate to that.

Dr J and I were just talking today... and seriously thinking of moving out of town to some secluded valley where there are no pressures. Bliss.

caw said...

Och! I shall miss reading your rantingness my friend. I so enjoy your writing style, but I agree with e, we'll just have to see you in person more often :)

How novel. Real live communcication instead of textual comms.

Wow! :) xxxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails