Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm not any kind of bag

Ok, so I just couldn't resist doing more research on the "I'm not a plastic bag" bag craze.

The upshot is that it's a bag by a UK designer called Anya Hindmarch who wanted to make it "hip" not to use plastic bags for shopping etc...so she designed an un-plastic bag.

It's not all that exciting in design actually, but it's sold out in the UK. Yes, in the whole of the UK! And it sounds like they're not planning on selling any more there either. The "I'm not a plastic bag" bag, really seems not to be any sort of bag right now. The result is, of course, these completely banal bags going up on e-Bay for $250+!!!!!! That's a wopping profit! This is otherwise known in economics as the scarcity mindset! (Gosh, I'm smart. Did I just dazzle you with my big terms or wot?!)

Here is the bag:

Plain boring, isn't it?

I have, however, discovered that there will be a limited release of these same bags in the U.S. this very month. Just think what these things will sell for! I'm going to buy some for sure.

Visit the website at http://www.anyahindmarch.com/division/environmental_bags.aspx to learn more.

And that concludes my investment tip for today.

Tomorrow, tune-in for "Turn your doggie doo doo into dough".

2 comments:

Chester The Bear said...

Head over the the Shanghai designer market. You'll be able to pick up a plastic copy for a couple of bucks.

joy4love said...

When you do get it, bring it in!

And I'll tune in for the doo for dough thing for sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails