Friday, February 04, 2011

Random Friday

Today, as I was in front of my house doing my warm-ups before my new morning exercise routine, a kitty dashed out from a yard, almost into my path. It stopped in it's tracks upon seeing me, looked warily at me for a second and then? Sat down to observe. For about a minute, said kitty was my audience for calf stretches, quad stretches, and hamstring stretches. Then, kitty "mewed", turned his/her head and trotted off dismissively as if to say "Silly human!"

Cats!

-------------

Speaking of cats and those walks in the wee hours... Apparently, according to the Neighborhood Watch, there is a pack of coyotes prowling our neighborhood, chomping on neighborhood pets and wild turkeys. Ack!

We have a greenbelt behind our back yard that extends out to the main thoroughfare in our subdivision and then in the other direction into a larger, natural area. Since we are close to a state recreation area and the American River Parkway, things can get pretty wild around here.  Like I said: turkeys, tons of squirrels, raccoons, skunks, and even a Mountain Lion that is said to live under a large tree not too far from our back yard. The odd coyote is not unusual either, of course, and, aside from keeping my dogs out of the back yard late at night, I don't really consider them too much of a danger. But a whole pack of 'em? Now, that sounds a little more sinister, no?

--------------

Many of you have been kind enough to ask how you can pay your respects to my mother-in-law, who passed on Monday. Thank you. There will be a memorial service next Wednesday afternoon at the Monte Verde Inn on the Foresthill Road. We are requesting no flowers, please (Rosie wasn't a big fan of lavish bouquets). Instead if you would like to commemorate her in another way, a donation can be made in her name to the local Hospice charity, who were so instrumental in supporting her and our family in the final weeks. Please let me know if you would like more details on how to contribute.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails