Monday, November 01, 2010

Whew!

I can't believe it has almost been a week since I last posted on here. It's been a busy week, however - family in town from the UK, computer issues finally resolved (resulting actually needing to USE the computer for it's purpose - photo editing), toddler tantrums, Halloween, and then last night DATE NIGHT.

That's right, baby, Hubby and I went on a date. Synopsis: empty bar, large big-screen TV, Giants, appetizers, cocktails, Dave & Busters, Zombies Dead, and Hubby's ego wounded as I beat him at a basketball game. (Although he disputes the latter.)

I'd love to expand further about all of this and provide oodles of pics but the reality is (a) I don't have time and (b) I really didn't take so many pics. Of course, there are some pictures of Daisy in costume and with pumpkins but I'm reserving those for her blog.

Here are some pics I took of the fam carving pumpkins in the dark last week, however, taken on the good ole point-and-shoot. (Pumpkin mush and $1,500 lenses do not go well together.)

 Should probably have thought about available light BEFORE we started this process. 

 Billi, attempting an overly ambitious pattern.


Daisy, wondering WTH this is all about and WHY ON EARTH she is outside when it's dark

Aunt Anne, doing her impression of the Statue of Liberty

Billi, still at it, after Mum and I had finished. The word "Halloween" on her design wound up being "Hallo". It was that or finish carving at midnight.

In other, unrelated news, I got my first two photo orders this past week. Not big ones, just Grandmas getting some 8x10s for their wall but I was giddy with excitement and achievement anyway. I mean, HELLO! Somebody paid DOLLARS for MY PICS. Blown away.

1 comment:

e said...

Soooo exciting!! Yay on the pic orders.

Related Posts with Thumbnails