Monday, May 17, 2010

Where is Travelvixen?

I'm here but just ridiculously busy lately, especially now the sun is out and I'm out of the house with the family, more than I'm home and inside. Plus, what 13 month old actually lets her mother sit at a computer and blog while she's around? Well, not mine!

In truth (although there is validity to all of that) I had been waiting to post a epiphanic entry about how I had managed to self-fix my hip and back issues after changing strategies for the 1,000th time about six weeks ago. Unfortunately, the epiphany wound up being nothing more than a pipe dream and, having bored myself to tears with all my whiney posts about S.I. this and nerve-pain that in the last year, I just couldn't bring myself to share the solemn news: said new strategy is an all-out failure. Pain is back with a vengeance along with muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories, the PT exercises, and ice in the bucketload.

Blech. I'll post the details another time since I don't have the time or inclination to devote to the sorry story right now. Needless to say, strategy 1001 is now in full effect, which is basically strategy 999 revisted. Confused? Yeah, well you're probably about as confused as I am frustrated. Sigh.

Let's also not even mention the 6lbs of weight I've gained since I stopped posting my dieting progress on this site. That's just depressing... and shameful. It's not like I was even at my goal 6lbs ago!

Don't feel sorry for me, I'm soldiering on.

Other stuff preventing me from blogging is work. Work is busy. That's a good thing, by the way, especially when you're a commissioned sales person, so I'm not complaining. But it does mean that, instead of taking a 15 minute break mid-morning to post something fun or insightful here or on Lazy Crazy Daisy, I've been plonking away on the keyboard for profit. Then, at the end of the day, I'm so sick-to-death of staring at a computer screen, that I just can't bring myself to open the laptop back up to blog.

Then I'm still trying to have a social life, even though it's like planning a military operation just trying to get together with anyone in the summer. I honestly believe that they should oust all those top military dudes in Afghanistan and just hire a bunch of wives/mothers to plot western victory! Although I don't know what I'd do without my Outlook calendar and my android phone's calendar synchronization...

So, with all that said, I leave the end of this post without really having posted anything at all but with the hope that I'll have the time (and inclination) to share again soon.

Until then...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails