Monday, July 02, 2007

From brown rings to gold rings...

Quite possibly the strangest proposal I've heard yet...


Blair proposed as Cherie cleaned


Tony Blair proposed to Cherie while she was on her knees cleaning a toilet, she has revealed in a BBC One documentary.

In The Real Cherie Blair she says Mr Blair popped the question in a "terribly romantic" way while they were on holiday in 1979.

Meanwhile, the ex-prime minister has revealed he sometimes called his wife - a Liverpudlian - "Bolshie Scouser".

The Blairs left Downing Street last week, with Mrs Blair telling reporters: "I don't think we'll miss you."

Mrs Blair told how Mr Blair had proposed to her while they were on holiday in Tuscany in 1979, before he became an MP.

"As we were leaving to go home, I was cleaning up in the bathroom," she recalled.

"I'd cleaned the toilet and he suddenly announced, while I was on my knees, that maybe we should get married... It was terribly romantic!"
-------------
Um... ok...? I guess Mr. Blair really appreciates a nice clean bowl. I wonder if she promised to love, honor, and Clorox?

Further proof that British men need some help in the relationship department. Jeez!

-----------

p.s. A "Scouser" is a Liverpudlian, for those of you that were wondering.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails