Monday, November 12, 2007

One year


I promised I would continue to blog "events" in my life, and so here I am.

One year ago, yesterday, Hubbie and I got married.
It's been a great year.
We celebrated this past weekend the way that we love to - by throwing a party for our friends and family. See photos here.

We were also fortunate to have one of my oldest US friends, E (she of The Gerli Life), in town from SoCal for the weekend. Ms. Gerli flew all the way up to Sactown just to spend time with us and come to our soiree. Not only did we have a great time catching up, she was a prolific potato peeler, peeling 20lbs of potatos for our guests!




In the evening, Hubbie treated me to a romantic, gourmet meal at The Cliff House, a swank restaurant overlooking the American River in Folsom. For all the restaurant's ambience and our undoubted joy at having shared a wonderful year together, we were absolutely pooped from preparing for the weekend. We ate at 6, were home by 8, and I think fell asleep together on the couch shortly thereafter. We woke at about 10:30pm, rescued my sneakers from the puppy's destructo-jaws, and fell into bed.

This is us at the Cliff House.



Hubbie did a great job of performing his duties for our first anniversary. In addition to our meal, I received a bouquet of red roses and a lovely silver clock/picture frame, engraved with our wedding date as well as his words of love.


Here's to many more wonderful years and celebrations!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails